Hola friends! So lately, I´ve been keeping extra busy between English classes, house visits, cooking with moms, singing pop songs at school events, eating more tortillas than is humanly possible, and participating in local Peace Corps events. (See Photos below) To switch things up a little bit, I think I´ll give you some details of my life here in numbers.
0. Number of house visits that have been less than an hour in duration.
1. Number of times I´ve performed Poker Face in front of an entire school of Salvadoran children.
2. Number of chickens received as gifts.
3. Number of jelly shoes I currently own (They´re all the rage in MC)
4. Number of trips to the bathroom within an hour of eating tripe soup.
5. Number of times I hit snooze before waking up at 6 to take a cold bucket bath.
6. Number of true friends in the community at this point in time.
7. Number of awkward silences in a typical house visit.
8. Number of soccer games attended.
10. Number of pounds I believe I´ve gained since I started doing house visits.
14. Number of houses in MC that are conveniently located close to the road.
17. Number of bug bites on my right leg.
20. (and then some) Number of times I think about my family and friends back home every day.
32. Number of houses I have visited up til now.
40. Number of times I´ve defended myself from vicious campo dogs by throwing rocks.
89. Total Number of houses in my community.
Well, those are just some number off the top of my head. I´m going to get going now. I have a meeting this Sunday in San Sal with GAD (Peace Corp´s Gender and Development Comittee). I plan to leave tomorrow morning and spend Saturday night hanging out with some of my Peace Corp favorites, Sarah and Eric, and our dear friend Carlos (Hola, sé que está leyendo!). It will be a fun little get-away, the first time I´ve left my site since I got here. People in MC are concerned about me going to ¨the big scary capital.¨They want to know how I´m getting there, where I will stay, and when I will be calling to check in. Good to know I´ve got so many people keeping tabs on me. I´ll be back Monday morning. I wish you all a lovely weekend and I´ll post more soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Querida Kali -
ReplyDeleteSé que hace mucho tiempo que me comuniqué contigo. Lo siento muchísimo. Las cosas van ocupadísimas en la escuela, peor que antes. Nos han dado más en cuanto a la tecnología, pero paso tanto tiempo en la tecnología y los problemas con ella, que me falta tiempo hacer lo demás.
Bueno, pues, tengo que avisarte que hice tu blog parte de la tarea en dos de mis clases. Los estudiantes tendrán que leer por lo menos tres "posts" (cómo se dice "post?), y después contestar 2 preguntas por medio de un "discussion board" en BlackBoard.
También, como noticias, esta semana, recibí un paquete de WorldWise. Hay un libro con lecciones, y sugerencias de cosas para hacer en clase. Es interesante.
Espero que te diviertas con tus amigos este fin de semana. Compartiré lo que mis estudiantes dicen de ti y tus experiencias luego.
Ten cuidado - y sigue escribiendo. Me encantó la lista con números!!!!!
Hasta Pronto,
Barb
HI Kali! We miss you! Love the photos! Sebastian is good and sends love, he is working again and settled in school. (big smile) Thane is having a great soccer season and loves his teacher this year in 6th grade. Carly is off to States next weekend to show her horse and Reilly is having a good football season. Madison is rocking volleyball in florida and Brandon is not loving math in 7th grade! Jamie got his permit today! We closed the cottages last weekend, sad but its getting cold outside. 40's tomorrow. Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
ReplyDeleteLove ya, A. Me