Thursday, October 1, 2009

Primero de Octubre, Todo se descubre...

The title of this roughly translated means ¨1st of October, Everything is discovered.¨ This is a phrase everyone keeps throwing down in my community today. So I´m hoping on this special day of discovery that everything I´m currently confused about comes to light. Today also happens to be my awesome hermanito´s 16th birthday! Happy Birthday Billy B! I don´t have much time to post...I´m in the big town today to help some of the girls make some purchases for Día del alumno, tomorrow. For Día del alumno each grade has a little party, the teachers all do some kind of artistic act, and afterwards there is a dance. This is perhaps the Prom of of my community. All the kids have been talking about it for weeks. I was told that I would also need to prepare an artistic act which would involve dancing and-or singing. I have been peer pressured into singing Lady Gaga´s Poker Face in front of the whole school. Oh, the suprising work of a Peace Corps volunteer. The director and I said it would be fun to have all the teachers dance to Thriller, however, after about 15 minutes of practice, they all wanted to throw in the towel and drop it. Well, it´s about time for me to meet up with a fellow volunteer, Isabel. I´ll write more next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment